Dee is a clinical psychologist PsyBA and is part of MAPS and Assos MAPS Clinical College.
She has a special interest in working with adolescents (16+) and adults who may present with a history of trauma, relationship difficulties, eating disorders and sexual and gender diversity concerns. In addition to individual counselling, Dee also offers couples counselling and uses the evidence-based approach of Gottman Method Couples Therapy to support couples.
Dee uses a very collaborative and transparent approach to therapy, drawing on a variety of treatment approaches including Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR), Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
She has provided psychological services in a range of settings including the Australian Defence Force through Open Arms, not-for-profit organisations such as Diverse Voices, Lifeline and Drug Arm, Relationships Australia and private practice.
- Professional Training and Qualifications:
- * Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy Basic Training
- * Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 and Level 2 Training
- * Inside Out Institute’s Training for Eating Disorders
- * Master of Clinical Psychology
- * Master of Professional Psychology
* Bachelor of Psychological Science
Accepted referrals eligible for a rebate are Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP), Private Health, Chronic Disease Management Plan (CDM) & Eating Disorder Plan (EDP).
- Dee is with us every Tuesday and alternating Mondays and Saturdays. She is currently running a waitlist for new clients.